US Military Captures Top ISIS Leader
- A U.S. military ground raid in northwestern Syria has captured a top ISIS leader.
- The captured ISIS leader is Hani Ahmed al-Kurdi, who was actively planning ISIS operations.
- There were no injuries to U.S. military personnel. Read More
Iraqi Refugees Charged for Supporting ISIS
- Former Iraqi refugee Abdulrahman Mohammed Hafedh Alqaysi, 24, his cousin Mohammed Amer Faisal Al Qaysi, 26, and Jamshid Ahmadzai, 32, a naturalized U.S. citizen, have been charged with conspiracy to provide material support to ISIS.
- The three men face additional charges of conspiracy to commit wire fraud.
- Al Qaysi faces up to 20 years in federal prison for the material support count as well as a mandatory two years for identity theft. All three also face up to 20 years for the conspiracy to commit wire fraud. Read More
Iranian Women Continue to be Subjected to “Virginity Test” Before Marriage
- Thousands of young women and girls in Iran continue to be subjected to “virginity tests,” and those who fail the tests can be forced to undergo hymen reconstruction or become the subject of “honor killings.” Read More
- Watch the Clarion Project film Honor Diaries to learn more about the brutality against women in honor-based societies. Watch Here
Alt-Right & Alt-Left Extremism
Antifa Supporter Rams Car Into Trump Store
- A car crashed into a Trump merchandise store in Easton, Mass., nearly hitting a store employee.
- Sean Flaherty, 46, of Raynham allegedly told employees in the moments after the crash that voices in his head told him to do it.
- Flaherty has a tattoo associated with Antifa, and his car has anti-Trump bumper stickers on it. Read More
Republicans Urge Treating Pregnancy Center Attacks as Domestic Terrorism
- Congressional Republicans signed onto a letter calling on the Department of Justice to investigate a recent string of vandalism and arson attacks at pro-life pregnancy centers, by a group called Jane’s Revenge, as domestic terrorism Read More
Three More Charged in Connection to January 6 Capitol Riot
- Leslie Gray, 56, Traci Isaacs, 52, and her husband, Luis Hallon, 67, of St. Cloud, Fla. were arrested and charged in connection with the January 2021 riot at the U.S. Capitol.
- All three are accused of illegally entering the Capitol and are facing a slew of misdemeanor and felony charges, including obstruction of an official proceeding and destruction of documents.
- Prosecutors said one of the defendants sought to volunteer with the far-right Oath Keepers militia. Read More
More News From the Alt-Right
- Members of the Proud Boys accosted and forcefully challenged Rep. Dan Crenshaw and his staff at a Houston convention center. Read More
More News From the Alt-Left
- Members of the New Black Panther Party marched through the city of Brookhaven, Miss. in support of D’Monterrio Gibson, victim of an alleged hate crime. Read More
BDS Puts Target on Jewish Institutions in Massachusetts
- A BDS group in Boston recently publicized a map listing the addresses of Jewish institutions across Massachusetts and calling on followers to “dismantle” and “disrupt” the institutions.
- The list includes a Jewish high school, a center for Jews with disabilities, and synagogues. Read More
Hostile Foreign Influence Operations
US to Limit Scientific Cooperation With Russia
- The White House has announced that the U.S. government and affiliated organizations will curtail its cooperation with Russia in the fields of science and technology until the Ukraine war ends.
- Science and technology projects and programs that began or were funded prior to February 2022 may be brought to completion, but new projects will not be initiated. Read More
Russian-Backed Network Works to Distort the Syrian Conflict
- The Institute for Strategic Dialogue identified a network of conspiracy theorists, frequently backed by Russia, that is working to distort the international community’s perception of the Syrian conflict in order to deter possible intervention. Read More
Research & Trends in Extremism
5 Lessons to be Learned from America’s Forgotten Terrorists
- One of the most destructive terrorist groups in the United States was the Galleanists, Italian anarchists active during the early 1900’s.
- How the Galleanists operated holds a number of lessons for today as we continue to deal with the endless threat of terrorism. Read More
How Oregon Was Testing Ground for Jan. 6 Riot
- Oregon was a central hub for the escalating political violence that led to the Capitol riot. Read More