IRGC Plot to Kill US General Foiled by Mossad
- The Mossad apprehended and interrogated Mansour Rasouli, who was leading a plot to kill an Israeli diplomat and a US general stationed in Germany.
- The Quds Force planned to carry out the assassinations via drug cartels, with the Islamic Republic reportedly willing to pay over $1 million for the targets.
- An audio recording was released of Rasouli admitting to the plot. Read More
California Man Indicted for Providing Material Support to Terrorist Orgs
- Jason Fong, 26, was indicted by a federal grand jury on four counts of attempting to provide material support for two terrorist organizations–Hay’at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS) and Hamas.
- In 2020, Fong allegedly attempted to fundraise for Hamas, as well as provide tactical, combat and weapons training to HTS.
- Fong would face a statutory maximum sentence of 20 years in prison for each of the four counts. Read More
Dutch National Convicted of Financing Al-Shabaab
- Farhia Hassan, 38, a Dutch national, was convicted in federal district court for her involvement with a group of women from multiple countries who ran a fundraising ring to funnel money to members of the Somali-based terrorist group al-Shabaab.
- From February 2011 through July 2014, Hassan fundraised in the Netherlands under false pretenses by representing to donors that money was being collected to fund charitable ventures.
- Hassan was convicted of conspiracy to provide material support to a designated foreign terrorist organization and faces a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison. Read More
Alt-Right & Alt-Left Extremism
Exclusive: Clarion Reports Bomb-Making Anarchists to Police
- The Clarion Intelligence Network has recently identified and reported to law enforcement partners several self-described anarchists in Chicago who post images of their homemade incendiary devices and call for the murder of police.
- Help us identify and track more extremists on American soil. Donate Here
North Carolina Oath Keeper Pleads Guilty for Role in Capitol Riot
- William Todd Wilson, 45, of Newton Grove, N.C., pleaded guilty to seditious conspiracy in connection with the 2021 Capitol riot.
- Wilson has been a member of the Oath Keepers since 2016 and was a leader of a chapter from Sampson County, N.C.
- Wilson is the third member of the Oath Keepers militia to plead guilty to seditious conspiracy and obstruction charges. Read More
Anti-Abortion Group Office Fire-Bombed
- The headquarters of Wisconsin Family Action was set on fire with a Molotov cocktail. Anarchist and anti-police graffiti, along with a threat stating, “If abortions aren’t safe, then you aren’t either,” was spraypainted on the building.
- The Madison Police Department did not say whether it had made any arrests or whether more than one person was involved. Read More
More News From the Alt-Right
- New lawyers for Jacob Chansley, commonly known as the “QAnon Shaman,” have notified the court of their intent to appeal his 41-month prison sentence over his role in the 2021 Capitol riot. Read More
More News From the Alt-Left
- Caroline Reilly, a reporter for Rewire New Group, recently took to her social media account and called for additional arson attacks against anti-abortion groups following a reported arson fire at the Wisconsin Family Action group’s offices. Read More
Man Charged for Burning Down a Church
- Christopher Scott Pritchard, 46, was charged with a federal hate crime for burning down a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Cape Girardeau, Miss. Pritchard faces up to 20 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000 with respect to each charge. Read More
Rabbi Assaulted in Latest NYC Antisemitic Incident
- The NYPD’s Hate Crime Task Force is investigating an assault on a Long Island rabbi by an attacker who allegedly made antisemitic remarks. Read More
Hostile Foreign Influence Operations
A Network of Retired Lawmakers Boosts CCP Influence in Washington
- The Association of Former Members of Congress has hosted multiple events since 2020 for the China-United States Exchange Foundation, a think tank designed to advance the Chinese Communist Party’s influence. Read More
Chinese Hackers’ Trillion Dollar Theft of Intellectual Property
- A new report shows that the Chinese state hacking group APT 41 has stolen trillions of dollars in intellectual property from approximately 30 multinational companies within the manufacturing, energy and pharmaceutical sectors in North America, Europe and Asia. Read More
Research and Trends in Extremism
How Extremism Operates Online
- The RAND Corporation recently released a study on the role of internet-based technologies in aiding and amplifying the spread of extremist ideologies.
- The study provides a primer on how the internet influences the activities of radical groups and movements and how exposure to or consumption of extremist content online influences the behavior of internet users. Read More