Islamist & Anti-Muslim Extremism
Coalition Calls on US Organization to Stop Aiding Use of Child Soldiers
- A coalition of non-governmental organizations is calling on CAF (Charities Aid Foundation) America to stop providing funds to Palestinian NGOs with ties to the terrorist groups that use child soldiers.
- The Coalition to Save Palestinian Child Soldiers aims to raise awareness about the plight of Palestinian child soldiers and pressure organizations like CAF to stop aiding in such abuse.
- CAF works with Defense for Children International Palestine (DCI-P), which has been linked to the terrorist organization the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP).
- You can send an email to the leaders of CAF urging them to stop aiding these terrorist organizations here: Send Email to CAF
Police Shoot Armed Man Responsible for Mosque Arson
- Dearborn police returned fire and fatally shot an armed man at the scene of a suspicious fire at Al-Huda Islamic Association in Dearborn.
- Dearborn Mayor Abdullah Hammoud announced that the man responsible for the fire is the same man who shot at officers and was then killed.
Alt-Right & Alt-Left Extremism
FBI Investigates Alt-Right Group Meeting Day Before Capitol Riot
- The FBI is probing a meeting that took place the day before the January 6 Capitol Hill riot between leaders of the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers militia groups.
- Proud Boys head Enrique Tarrio and Oath Keepers leader Elmer Stewart Rhodes, who was indicted this year for “seditious conspiracy,” were filmed the day before the Capitol riot in a parking garage near the Phoenix Park Hotel by a British filmmaker shooting a documentary about the Proud Boys.
Antifa Mob Vandalizes Minneapolis
- Dozens of people gathered near the fifth police precinct in Minneapolis to protest the death of Amir Locke.
- Locke was killed earlier this month by a Minneapolis SWAT unit acting on a no-knock search warrant.
- Antifa rioters dressed in black threw rocks into the windows of the police precinct, disrupted traffic, damaged bus stops, and graffitied buildings with slogans including “Destroy MPD.”
More News From the Alt-Right
- Steve Carrillo, who has been linked to the Boogaloo Boi militia movement, pled guilty to the killing of a Homeland Security contractor, David Patrick Underwood. Underwood was shot and killed in May 2020 while guarding a federal building and courthouse in Oakland during protests over the police killing of George Floyd.
- Deputy Virginia attorney general, Monique Miles, resigned after social media posts surfaced in which she praised the January 6 Capitol rioters as “patriots.”
More News From the Alt-Left
- Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville student Kaliyeha Clark-Mabins is charged with three counts of filing a false police report after an investigation concluded that the student falsified a hate crime incident.
- The Illinois State Police have arrested a self-described anarchist-communist, Anna N. Kochakian, 26, of Chicago, for criminal damage to property. Kochakian filmed herself defacing a memorial for a murdered Chicago police office.
Hostile Foreign Influence Operations
FBI Opening New Cases Against Chinese Intelligence Operations “Every 12 Hours”
- The FBI office in Little Rock recently sent out a warning on the threat China poses to the United States. The threat is so pervasive that the FBI allegedly opens new cases to counter Chinese intelligence operations “every 12 hours or so.”
European Banks Prepare For Russian Cyberattack
- The European Central Bank is preparing banks for possible cyber-attacks launched from Russia. Banks are on high alert and have been conducting cyber-war games to test their ability to fend off an attack.
Research and Trends in Extremism
- The Department of Homeland Security’s recent National Terrorism Advisory System bulletin warns domestic extremists targeting faith-based institutions and institutions of higher learning with a “greater level of specificity.” Read more
- The Community Security Trust (CST), a British charity that collects data on anti-Jewish abuse, reports a record number of antisemitic incidents in 2021. Some areas of the UK saw as much as an 86% increase in antisemitic incidents. Read more