Islamist & Anti-Muslim Extremism
More Bad News for CAIR
- The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), which the Justice Department identified as an “entity” of the Muslim Brotherhood, is engaged in a legal battle with a former employee who alleges that CAIR “spends substantial amounts of donors’ money in order to threaten, intimidate and sue those who have the courage to speak about CAIR’s culture of discrimination and misogyny.”
- The former employee also accused CAIR Executive Director Nihad Awad of sexual harassment.
- The Outreach Director of CAIR’s Arizona chapter allegedly tweeted, “Nothing more beautiful than watching police institutions burn to the ground.” He has a documented history of defending Hamas and antisemitism and even expressed affinity for Hitler.
LAW ENFORCEMENT & INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING
Latest Islamist Attacks & Investigations
- In Massachusetts, an Islamist from Egypt stabbed a rabbi, seriously injuring but not killing him. The Egyptian was in the U.S. illegally by overstaying a student visa. Those who knew him said he was extremely antisemitic.
- In Florida, the South Florida Council of Imams was exposed for having ties to terrorism and extremism. One imam in the group was previously indicted for allegedly trying to provide the Pakistani Taliban with material aid. His mosque in Margate has a library with extremist texts.
- In Germany, an Islamist extremist from Somalia targeted random women in a knife attack. He murdered three women and injured six others before being fatally shot.
Another Anti-Muslim Attack in Canada
- In Canada, a Pakistani Muslim man was reportedly stabbed by two attackers who made bigoted comments about his face. He said that they held him while they cut his beard off.
- The incident comes only weeks after an anti-Muslim extremist targeted a Pakistani Muslim family in a vehicular attack in Ontario, killing four and injuring a 9-year-old boy. It was the deadliest terrorist attack on Muslims in Canada since a white supremacist carried out a mass shooting at a mosque in Quebec City in 2017, killing six and seriously injuring five.
Alt-Right & Alt-Left Extremism
Latest Alt-Left Attacks & Investigations
- A man who shot a police officer in Daytona Beach, Fla. was found and arrested on a property in Georgia that is used by a radical black nationalist group for training. The suspect is also associated with the New Black Panther Party.
- In Rochester, NY an Antifa extremist pled guilty to civil disorder after he encouraged associates to attack police officers and provided instructions on how to create Molotov cocktails.
Latest Alt-Right Attacks & Investigations
- In Massachusetts, a white supremacist murdered two black men. He was then fatally shot as he tried to reach a synagogue.
- Statues of George Floyd in New York and New Jersey were vandalized with black spray paint and graffiti promoting the Patriot Front extremist group. Police believe four extremists were involved.
- A member of the New Jersey National Guard was indicted for his involvement in a neo-Nazi plot to acquire untraceable firearms. He and several other supporters of the Atomwaffen terrorist group trained together in Idaho last year. Three Marines are also being prosecuted for the plot.
- A supporter of the extremist Boogaloo militia has been arrested for his involvement in the Washington D.C. riot on January 6. He previously served in the U.S. Army.
Hostile Foreign Influence Operations
Chinese Spies Have Infiltrated US Intelligence
- A former senior intelligence official with an expertise in Chinese espionage estimated that there are “dozens” of Chinese spies in the U.S. intelligence community and the FBI is “completely outmatched.”
The Costs of Chinese Theft
- William Evanina, who recently led the U.S. National Counterintelligence and Security Center, said that Chinese economic espionage costs the U.S. “around $500 billion a year in economic losses, just in the theft of intellectual property and trade secrets.”
Russia Launches Show Hosted by William Shatner
- RT America, a Russian state-controlled operation established to influence U.S. opinion, has launched a new show hosted by actor William Shatner.