by Ryan Mauro
A Kuwaiti newspaper has broken the story that yet another Iranian-orchestrated, Hezbollah-implemented terrorist plot was foiled this week. A cell of three terrorist operatives was arrested in Singapore as Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak was visiting the country. They were planning on killing him in his hotel.
The ADD of the West, especially its media, is making it miss a point I made in a recent column I wrote on this website titled, Iran's Recent Terror Assault Barely News, Iran is becoming more and more aggressive as its nuclear program advances and as international pressure increases.
The full scope of what Iran has been up to is being missed because of the lightning-speed of the news cycle. Consider what happened just this month:
- The aforementioned plot to assassinate the Israeli Defense Minister in Singapore was foiled.
- Plots to simultaneously kill Israeli diplomats in the nation of Georgia and India were stopped.
- An Iranian terrorist threw grenades after an accidental explosion foiled his cell’s plot to attack Israeli diplomats.
- The West received intelligence about a joint plot by Iran and Al-Qaeda to carry out a “spectacular” attack, likely in Europe.
And before this month:
- In January, a plot likely aimed at Israeli tourists was foiled in Thailand.
- In November, an Iranian plot to carry out a wave of dramatic attacks against high-profile targets in Bahrain was stopped.
- In October, the U.S. stopped an Iranian plot to kill the Saudi ambassador in Washington D.C. by blowing up a restaurant he was to dine at. The plotters also discussed attacks on the Saudi and Israeli embassies in the U.S. and Argentina.
Is there any wonder why Israel is considering military action to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon?