In a change from the Obama administration’s counter terrorism strategy, the Trump administration announced a new strategy that focuses on radical Islamist terrorists at all levels, following his campaign promise.
See below two anti-Islamists speak about Trump’s new counter terror strategy on i24 News
Here are some key points of the new strategy:
- Address the ideology driving radical Islamic terrorism
- Focus on Iran as the top state sponsor of terrorism in the world since 1979
- Stop Iran’s terror financing
- Stop threats from Iranian proxy groups such as Hezbollah, Hamas and Islamic Jihad
- Use all means, including military and international sanctions
- Protect U.S. infrastructures militarily and also by addressing radicalization and recruitment
- Strengthen U.S. partners’ ability to counter terrorism, stressing that “America First” does not mean “America Alone”
Absent was the mention of Obama’s famous phrase “countering violent extremism” which was used to hide and downplay the phenomena of radical Islamic terror.