The three flag bearers of Islamism are: The Muslim Brotherhood, Khomeni-ism and Wahabi/Salafism. These ideologies control nearly 80% of the mosques and Islamic organizations throughout the world, thus influencing the Muslim psyche.
- The Muslim Brotherhood: formed in 1928 as a trans-national organization with a three-prong ideology of Sunni Islamism, pan-Islamism and anti-Zionism. They support Hamas, Hezbollah, the Pakistani Jamaat-e-Islami plus other Islamist factions fighting in Syria. They believe the West is evil and their modus operanti is to infiltrate and destroy the West from within.
- Khomeni-ism: In 1979, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeni came to power in an Islamic revolution in Iran. He immediately declared that he wanted to “export the revolution.” Khomeni was infatuated by the model of the Muslim Brotherhood and set up his regime on its principals instead of pure Shia theology. This sent shudders down the Saudi spines and started the turf war in the Muslim world which is still being fought.
- Wahhabi/Salafism: This is an ideology easy to understand and simple to implement: The Wahhabist’s mandate is “either you follow our version of Islam and here’s some money to help you or you go to hell and we will help you get their faster.” (According to one report, four billion petro dollars are spent per year in exporting their message to the West)
This is the axis of evil plaguing the Muslim world. These ideologies have led to global terrorism by declaring jihad. Their common objectives are to:
- Spread hate for the West
- Influence Muslims to implement sharia
- Spread homophobia, xenophobia and anti-Semitism
- Weaponize the term Islamophobia, as has been successfully done in the West (i.e. in Europe, UK and North America. See, for example, M-103 in Canada and the OIC’s muzzling of any criticism of Muslims promoted at the UN.)
The latest chapter in this saga are the headlines we are reading today. Currently the Muslim Brotherhood and the Khomeni-ists (Qatar, Turkey and Iran) have joined side against the Wahabi/Salafis (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt and their allies).
Although Shias and Sunnis Muslims have been at each other’s throats since 1,400 years, the present standoff is not a sectarian conflict as being presented by political pundits and I’ll tell you why.
How were these lines drawn?
Qatar, a Sunni country which is not Shia friendly, started becoming the power base for Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood. They are known to have an office for the Taliban in their capital Doha. When Mohammed Morsi (a Muslim Brotherhood leader) was elected president of Egypt in 2012, Qatar felt empowered and flexed its muscle.
However when Morsi was deposed in 2013 and General Sisi took over, Saudi Arabia backed the Sisi with finances and logistics. This put Qatar in a difficult situation. Since then there has been pressure on Qatar to disassociate itself from the Muslim Brotherhood and stop supporting the Iranian regime, which it did not do.
Although the present Iranian regime did not trigger the current crisis, their unabashed support for Hezbollah (their lackey in Lebanon), Hamas and other declared terrorist groups coupled with their nuclear ambitions makes them very dangerous. They also support tyrants like Assad of Syria. Iranian proxies can be found all over the Western world laying the framework for the regime’s nefarious agenda.
Currently, the 10 demands placed by Saudi Arabia, et. al on Qatar have put the extremely wealthy country on notice. This is a phenomenal move, and although there is much criticism of Saudi Arabia’s own involvement in funding terrorism, change will come one nation at a time. A regime that models itself on the Muslim Brotherhood (Qatar) is far more dangerous than one which openly flaunts its support for a radical version of Islam (Saudi Arabia).
One by one we have to name them and shame them and Western countries have to legislatively identify state sponsors of terrorism, starting with banning the Muslim Brotherhood.
For the killings to stop and for the world to begin to live peacefully, we have to wait and see how soon the other two Islamist entities implode.