Kidnapped Teenage Girl Held for 12 Years by Sex Grooming Gang

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
(Illustrative photo; pxhere/https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/)
(Illustrative photo; pxhere/https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/)

In one of the worst reported cases of a British sex grooming gang, a girl who was kidnapped when she was 15 was held by the gang for 12 years until she managed to escape.

She remains hunted by the gang.

The story of the girl, identified only as Sarah, was made public by Baroness Caroline Cox, a member of the House of Lords who  works tirelessly for women’s rights. The story was reported extensively in the Daily Mail.

Sarah was a shy girl already in midwifery college when she was kidnapped by the gang from a supermarket parking lot. While she was being repeatedly raped, drugged and forced to have eight abortions by the Pakistani gang over 12 years of captivity, her parents’ desperate pleas for help were ignored by the police, who even refused to list Sarah as missing.

“The police kept saying leave it a few days, she’ll come back,” said her mother. “But she never did.”

A week after the kidnapping, Sarah’s brother arrived at the house where she was initially held. Sarah, who had been told by gang members they would hurt her family if she ever revealed to them what had happened, stayed silent. Terrified neighbors never tried to help for the same reason.

Armed with information about her possible location, Sarah’s parents again went to the police, who again reportedly refused to help. As the story of the systematic abuse by young British girls by multiple gangs of Muslim men (who viewed the girls as “white trash”) unfolded in the UK, it was revealed that the police – as well as other government employees — failed to pursue the gangs for fear of being labeled racists.

Sarah’s parents never gave up, however. “We had put up missing posters, never stopping,” said her mother. “Finally, a friend said he thought he’d seen her in a Pakistani area. We went there every day, showing her photo to people in shops and on the streets.”

One day, Sarah’s mother saw her in a supermarket accompanied by the sons of the gang leader who was holding her.

“When I saw her in the supermarket, I couldn’t believe it. She was in Islamic dress. I saw from her eyes she was terrified. She begged me not to say anything. She was panicking and obviously scared of the gang we now know was holding her,” her mother continued.

The boys quickly hustled Sarah into a car and drove off at high speed.

“We saw a flash of blonde hair under a scarf but that was all. We had lost her. We were heartbroken,” her mother said. Again, after reporting the sighting to the police, the police refused to investigate.

Meanwhile, the boys told their father, Sarah’s captor, what had happened. “He was furious. He ordered me to get into his car,” Sarah recalled. “He smashed my head against the dashboard and windows, which became splattered with my blood.”

The gang quickly relocated to a different town and Sarah was not let out of the house again.

Sarah repeatedly tried to escape but was caught each time and beaten. One day, however, she was successful.

“When [my captor] was asleep upstairs one morning, I found his mobile phone and called for a taxi. I took £20 to pay for it from the pocket of his jeans,” she said. “When the taxi arrived, I was in Islamic clothes. I raced out through the back gate and told the driver, a white man who kept asking if I was all right because I was so pale, to take me to where my brother lived.”

However, the gang relentlessly pursued Sarah, forcing her to leave her brother’s house and move to an apartment on her own so as to not endanger her family. After a month, they found her and mercilessly beat her. However, this time, a neighbor, thinking the incident was domestic violence, called the police who responded.

While in a hospital, Sarah told the police about her captivity. Meanwhile, the gang offered her tens of thousands of dollars in hush money.  “That was the point where I knew this had to end,” she said. “I began to tell the police everything and begged them to protect me.”

At one point a Muslim police officer told her to drop the charges, claiming that she didn’t have enough evidence. She was so scared she did. “The police officer came from the same community as the gang and has since been imprisoned for child sex crimes himself,” she said.

Today, Sarah’s case is still pending. To date, no charges have been brought against the gang members. Although her current location remains a secret, the gang was recently able to find her phone number and has been calling.

“Hello white trash,” said the gang leader before hanging up the phone.



My Take on Sex-Grooming Gangs

Survivor: Sex Gangs Motivated by Religious Extremism 

UK Ignored Sexual Abuse of 1,400 Girls by Muslim Gangs

Forced to Resign for Calling Out Rape Gangs


Subscribe to our newsletter

By entering your email, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Be ahead of the curve and get Clarion Project's news and opinion straight to your inbox