The United Nations Security Council just saw heated scenes with Russia accused of protecting Syrian regime President Bashar al-Assad from facing justice over a chemical weapons attack that killed nearly 100 civilians, including children, in rebel-held Idlib.
Yet allegations of corruption in the U.N. date back decades.
How well do you know the U.N.’s relationship with radical Islam?
Please take our quiz to find out (answers at the bottom of the page).
AFTER YOU TAKE THE QUIZ please sign our letter to call on President Trump’s administration to follow through with its draft order and establish a commission to determine which U.N. departments and organizations need to be defunded by the United States because of their connection with terrorism.
- From 2012 to 2015 the 120 member non-aligned movement was headed by which country?
- Which country, in 2015, was elected chair of the United Nations Human Rights Council panel that appoints independent experts?
- What is the only country in the world to be a standing item on the U.N. Human Rights Council agenda, leading the UK to slam the body for “disproportionate focus” on that country?
- Which terrorist organization stored weapons in U.N. schools?
- In what year did the 57-nation Organization of the Islamic Conference voting bloc drop its longstanding campaign to censure “defamation” against religion in the U.N., instead switching to supporting resolutions targeting “intolerance, discrimination and violence” against religious people rather than the faith itself?
- In what year did Islamic member states of the U.N. Human Rights Council reject language giving women “the right to control matters concerning their sexual lives as well as their reproductive health without coercion, discrimination or violence” in a resolution calling for the elimination of violence against women.
- 2001 was the U.N. “Year of Dialogue Among Civilizations.” The President of which country came up with the idea of Dialogue Among Civilizations, and organized the initiative in collaboration with the U.N. and UNESCO?
- Which United Nations body in 2016 passed a resolution denying the Jewish connection to the Temple Mount, the holiest site in Judaism, instead insisting the area only be referred to using its Muslim names?
- How much money did Saudi Arabia give to the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Center, which has not investigated Saudi funding of extremism worldwide?
- What is the name of the draft executive order put together in January 2017 by the Trump administration which would reduce the funding of any organizations within the U.N. which “is controlled or substantially influenced by any state that sponsors terrorism” by “at least 40%.”
- Saudi Arabia
- Israel is Agenda Item Seven at every U.N. Human Rights Council Meeting.
- Hamas stored rockets in schools run by the UN Relief and Works Agency in the Gaza strip.
- President Mohammed Khatami of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- In 2008 they pledged $10 million, followed by a gift of $100 million to establish the center in partnership with the US in 2014.
- The “Auditing and Reducing U.S. Funding of International Organizations” order