The powerful Democratic National Committee (DNC) became the latest left-wing icon to take its name off the list of sponsors for the Women’s March. The move comes less than a week before the organization’s next rally this Saturday, January 19, 2019.
The Women’s March began as a world-wide protest against President Trump and held its first event the day after his inauguration in January 2017.
The DNC’s decision was made less than 24 hours after one of the March’s leaders and founders, Tamika Mallory, refused to condemn Louis Farrakhan, the anti-Semitic hate preacher who leads the Nation of Islam organization. Mallory appeared on ABC’s “The View” where she was pointedly asked to condemn Farrakhan and refused.
Mallory has attended events and has had photo ops with Farrakhan. She called him the GOAT (Great of All Time) on Instagram.
The pullout by the DNC is just one of the fallouts of Mallory’s association with Farrakhan for the Women’s March, as well as recent reports about other anti-Semitic remarks from the March’s other co-founders.
The Southern Poverty Law Center, EMILY’s List, Human Rights Campaign, NARAL (National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws), Center for American Progress and Amnesty International have all withdrawn their support for the organization in 2019. In fact, more than half of the March’s 550 partners from 2018 are not supporting the organization this year.
While the move by the DNC is to be applauded, two questions remain: What took them so long and why were these organizations sponsoring an organization in the first place which was headed from the beginning by anti-Semite and sharia-apologist Linda Sarsour, a social icon who is also known for supporting terrorists and misogyny?
Sarsour has been a Farrakhan fan for years and has yet to condemn his endless hate. She has a history of slinging anti-Semitic canards when faced with any number of challenges. She is a vocal supporter of the anti-Semitic Boycott, Divest and Sanction movement against Israel.
Sarsour has also railed against women with whom she disagrees by saying “I wish I could take their vaginas away – they don’t deserve to be women.” She has been accused of facilitating the sexual assault of another woman.
As for her Islamist side, Sarsour has declared as her “mentor, motivator and encourager,” radical preacher Siraj Wahhaj. Her very public history of supporting terrorists and sharia law includes:
- Teaming up with Palestinian terrorist Rasmea Odeh, who was convicted for her involvement in a terror bombing in Israel that killed two students
- Posing for a picture with Salah Sarsour, who was jailed in Israel for working with Hamas
- Calling on Muslims to wage “jihad” against President Trump (she declared it the “patriotic” thing to do)
- Tweeting her support of sharia law, an oppressive legal system profoundly discriminatory against women and non-Muslims, including saying:
- “sharia law is reasonable and once u read into the details it makes a lot of sense. People just know the basics.”
- “Sharia law is misunderstood & has been pushed as some evil Muslim agenda.”
- “If you are still paying interest than Sharia Law hasn’t taken over America. #justsaying.”
- “You’ll know when you’re living under Sharia Law if suddenly all your loans & credit cards become interest free. Sound nice, doesn’t it?”
- “There is NOT ONE example of Muslims trying to impose Sharia on ANY ONE. No legislations. Anti-Muslim rallies playing on the gullible.”
- “10 weeks of PAID maternity leave in Saudi Arabia. Yes PAID. And ur worrying about women driving. Puts us to shame.”
It remains a mystery why the Left has given – and continues to give — Sarsour a pass while declaring her ideological colleague Tamika Mallory a persona non grata.