Boston Marathon Bomber Appeals Death Sentence
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is seeking to delay his execution for his role in the bombing that killed three people near the finish line of the Boston Marathon in 2013.
- Tsarnaev’s attorneys argue that he was improperly forced to stand trial in Boston, denied his challenges to two jurors who allegedly lied in court, dismissed a juror who opposed the death penalty and that his confession was coerced. Read More
California Man Sentenced to 20 Years for Trying to Join ISIS
- Bernard Augustine, 25, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for trying to join ISIS and encouraging others to join the terror group.
- In February 2016, Augustine made plans to travel to Tunisia from San Francisco with the goal of joining ISIS across the border in Libya.
- During his trial, Augustine testified that he still wanted to join ISIS. Read More
Gitmo Detainee Released
- An Algerian man, Sufiyan Barhoumi, 48, who was accused of training al-Qaeda terrorists, was released from Guantanamo Bay and sent home to Algiers.
- Barhoumi was recommended for release in 2016 but was held back for six years. Read More
Alt-Right & Alt-Left Extremism
Governor Whitmer’s Would Be Kidnappers Found Not Guilty
- A Grand Rapids jury declared Daniel Harris, 24, and Brandon Caserta, 33, not guilty, but deadlocked on the charges against Adam Fox, 38, and Barry Croft Jr., 46.
- Six members of a group known as The Wolverine Watchmen were arrested, but two plead guilty and later testified during the trial.
- The U.S. Attorney Andrew Birge said that Croft and Fox will be retried. Read More
Milwaukee BLM Activist Convicted of Robbery
- Milwaukee BLM activist Khalil Coleman, 36, was found guilty of first-degree robbery in Kentucky.
- Coleman was arrested in February 2021 after authorities stated he was part of a group that tried to rob a drug house.
- Coleman faces up to 20 years in prison. A sentencing date has not been scheduled. Read More
More News From the Alt-Right
- Boogaloo Bois member Ivan Hunter has been sentenced to more than four years in prison for shooting more than a dozen rounds into a police building during the George Floyd protests in late May 2020. Read More
More News From the Alt-Left
- Quintez Brown, 22 , who was sprung from jail by a BLM fund after attempting to murder a Democratic mayoral candidate in Louisville, KY was re-arrested by federal officers in connection to a warrant that remains sealed. Read More
Hostile Foreign Influence Operations
Video Explains How Russia and China Spread Deception in Social Media
- Hoover Institute Senior Fellow Amy Zegart discusses the uses of cyber-enabled deception operations by actors such as Russia and China and how we can counter these efforts. Watch Here
Iranian Spies Impersonated Federal Agents
- Law enforcement is looking into the possibility that two individuals, Arian Taherzadeh, 40, and Haider Ali, 35, who stand accused of posing as federal agents, have ties to Iranian intelligence including to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps. Read More
YouTube Silences Paid Moderator for Calling Out Antisemitic Content
- YouTube whistleblower Khaled Hassan, who worked for a YouTube contractor to identify hateful content, has exposed the efforts made by YouTube to stymie removal of extremist and explicitly Antisemitic content. Read More
New York Man Charged for Ambushing 7 Asian Women
- A man who allegedly assaulted seven Asian women over about a three hour period in New York City in late February has been indicted on multiple hate crime charges. Read More